From Justin Taylor:
Some have sought to defend Senator Obama’s votes against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act by explaining the reason/argument he advanced against it. But actually, Obama has offered 10 different reasons for his opposition. Jill Stanek–the nurse who started the national discussion about this act–has an article with quotes explaining the various reasons. Here they are in outline form–but for more detail and documentation, read the whole thing.
10. Babies who survive abortions are not protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution.
9. A ban to stop aborted babies from being shelved to die would be burdensome to mothers.
8. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a doctor’s prerogative.
7. Anyway, doctors don’t do that.
6. Obama apparently read medical charts and saw no proof.
5. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a religious issue.
4. Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal principle.
3. Introducing legislation to stop live aborted babies from being shelved to die was a political maneuver.
2. Sinking Born Alive was about outmaneuvering that political maneuver.
1. Introducing Born Alive was a ploy to overturn Roe v. Wade.